Thursday 6 April 2017

Misbah-Ul-Haq Announces Retirement From International Cricket

Misbah-Ul-Haq says West Indies test series will be the last series of my career. He further said that Sarfaraz Ahmed will play test series as a wise captain he must be supported by not only cricket board, team mates but all the nation as well.


Misbah says that i have not decided yet anything about my future but i will continue to play domestic cricket however the future will be decided after retirement. I have not thought about coaching but i will continue my loyal support to the cricket.

Cricket is my passion and whatever i have achieved from cricket i am fully satisfied with it. Becoming the number one in the rank of test cricket was memorable moment in my life. I always try to do well for cricket.

He said about recent poor performances that we could not play well as per our capabilities however the team performed well in last 6 or 7 years.
Misbah-Ul-Haq retired from T20 cricket in 2012 and after 2015 world cup said good bye to one day cricket as well.

Early in the current year during Pakistan tour of Australia the debate was going on about Misbah's retirement and Pakistan lost the test series 3-0 after that the announcement of Misbah-Ul-Haq retirement was reverted.      

Previous day the chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Shahryar Khan announced that West Indies tour will be the last series of Misbah's career he further said that i have not discussed this matter with Misbah.

In this regard Misbah said that PCB did not discuss my retirement this my own decision and no pressure from cricket board.

He further said that i planned to retire after England's tour but to some reasons i could not do so. I am really grateful to cricket board in spite of giving poor performance in England PCB allowed me to take decision myself about retirement.

He said that i will try my best to end my career by giving 100 percent. He also talked about West Indies tour and said that selected team is quite balanced, batsman need to score runs and Yasir Shah will have the great opportunity to return his form.

Misbah-Ul-Haq played 72 test matches and scored 4951 along with 10 centuries and 63 half centuries. He also played 162 one day matches and scored 5122 and in T20 he played 39 matches and scored 788 runs.

Misbah-Ul-Haq is the only player who played 50 test matches as captain and Pakistan got number one position first time ever in ICC test ranking and that too under Misbah-Ul-Haq's captaincy.

Just watch the video to tribute to great Misbah-Ul-Haq. We love you a lot.


Source: alifseye.com
In order to remain updated about our upcoming and latest videos please subscribe our channel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts